Monday, March 2, 2009

It begins...

So during my maternity leave I enjoyed catching up on everyones life via their blog...as a byproduct I realized so many people were saving tons of mulah on groceries by "the grocery game".

So today I started.

CVSing and couponing at Publix here I come!!!

Let me tell ya...it was such a high!! Today, after cutting coupons and printing lots thanks to www.southernsavers.com I bought TONS of groceries and spent $46 out of pocket (OOP) and saved $40. Zack and I calulated the price of out meal tonight ( a meat and 2 veggies- less than 2 bucks- WOOHOO). James was crying so I had to put the groceries up before taking a picture of all of my hard work, but I will try to for next weeks deals. How fun!!

I know I'm a huge dork- but its such a challenge- kinda fun.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

so glad you found me! our lives seem to be mirrors right now - babies the same age and we're both getting into couponing! ha! :-) good job on your first shot! your little boy is so adorable.

Daniel Crawford said...

I need more details about this saving! I keep seeing everyone talking about it on their blogs and I want to start too! Help me get started! :)

Leslie

PS. James is the cutest little thing! I can't wait to see him in person!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am so glad that you put the website you used. I am trying to do the coupon thing, too. Man, we are all grown-ups now!

The Howell's said...

I agree, add any sites and tips for couponing that you have! That's an awfully cute little boy you have!