Another wonderful thing we did was to visit family and friends in Atlanta. So as we were leaving the St. Regis, in search of a Starbucks and heading to Karen and Corey's, the navigation system quits working. We pull over to the side of the street and try to figure out what is going on (bc there is NO way the 2 most directionally challenged people in the world are going to make it from Buckhead to Roswell to Tucker without a navigation system!!). Next thing we know here come the flashing lights. Well, Mr. Policeman comes over to the car and demands we put our hands in the air. Seriously? As he approaches the truck, our hands in the air, he questions us why we were pulled over to the side of the road. Well apparently he wanted to make sure we were not casing the neighborhood to rob the houses in Buckhead- which we were obviously not. Anyway, he laughs and sends us on our merry way.
We had so much fun visiting with Karen and Corey- Shae is full of tricks and Mason is just too precious. Then we went to Jane and Andrew's. Their new house is wonderful- and we had the best pizza ever, which Jane "invented" by the way. We also got to taste some of Andrew's home brew which was really good (and I don't even like beer). Apparently his beer is low on hops, high on malt, and high on deliciousness in my opinion (this gives it a nice smoothness and it doesn't have that after-bite most beers have).
Speaking of beers- did you know it was only within the past few years that I knew beer has an "s" when plural? I thought it was like deer- 1 deer 2 deer. Well apparently not!! And how did I find this out you ask? Well when we counseled patients at the VA during my 4th year of pharmacy school we would often times need to find out how much alcohol the patient consumed on a usual basis. Then, after each session, we would type up these detailed SOAP notes in which I would I would write "so and so consumes 3 beer a night" - well the folks at the VA thought it was hilarious- which I guess it kinda is!! Oh well you live & you learn.
On the way home we got to visit with the Courtney, Scott & baby Hattie again because I left my purse at their house on Saturday (I sure am glad I did!!) I think Hattie looks like a perfect mixture of Courtney and Scott. Since I've been unusually focused on alcoholic beverages this post, I thought I'd mention that Scott is making Lemoncello- I think he even has a blog about it.
We sure had fun visiting with everyone, but I was so glad to see my precious Baby James when we got home- we were only gone a day, but I sure did miss my baby!!
Since I did not take any pictures of our wonderful weekend I thought I would leave you with some pictures of someone who is so cute it is a crime :)
No comments:
Post a Comment