Sunday, August 2, 2009

My cup overflows!!


I am constantly overwhelmed at how much I love this precious child God has so graciously allowed me and Zack to call our Son. He is so sweet, so quick to smile, with an infectious laugh that brings such joy to the depth of my soul. It is amazing how in an instant this little child transformed my life. As he is quickly changing, I know my role as a mother will quickly change as well.

I remember the days when I was in, let's say, 3rd or 4th grade, and the 10th graders seemed so old- and well, someone in college was certainly a full fledged adult. However, as I reached those stages, I didn't feel old enough to be a tenth grader, a college student........ a wife, a mother. I guess I thought that once I reached those milestones that I would know exactly what I was doing. Well, needless to say, I did not and do not. I know that I am about to enter one of those new stages... a stage where my role as a mother is different than when James was a newborn, a stage that includes teaching, guidance, and instruction. The responsibility is huge and I feel so inadequate, I am so inadequate. But in my inadequacy, I am reminded of my heavenly Father's perfection. He created my precious child. He is in control. He is perfect. He can do all things- including guide a mother who feels like she has no idea what she is doing. He has a perfect plan for my precious child, HIS precious child.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

I am truly overwhelmed at.." how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ". My cup overflows!!!