I'll post pics to accompany this post later- they're on Zack's camera.
James has started trying solid foods. The doctor said he could start trying stuff at his 4 month appt, but for whatever reason we started at his 5 mo birthday.
So rice cereal and oatmeal were a hit. (well...maybe I should say he seemed ok with what little made it in his mouth)
Next we tried squash. I had heard to start with lighter colored veggies (easier to tolerate) and the squash at Publix looked yummy so I steamed Baba James (this is what Lucas calls James and now everyone calls him Baba...I am so afraid it is going to turn into Bubba.......but that is neither here nor there...)some squash and pureed it in my cool baby food machine my parents gave me. James seemed to like it.
Next we tried Avocado. Zack & I love it... but humm would a 5 month old like Avocado? I mashed one up and added a little water and oohhh did Baba love it.
So oatmeal check, squash check, avocado check...time for some sweet stuff. I raved to Baba about how wonderful his dinner would be and how much he would love the sweet treat he was going to taste. All the books I've read say baby's prefer sweet food so I knew this was the start of something wonderful. He was going to gobble it all up. Well, let me tell you, Baba James has proved them wrong. Baba HATES!! HATES!! HATES!! applesauce. Thinking the sour face and turned head may have just been a fluke (maybe he was tired, maybe his tummy hurt), I thought I'd try it again today. Nope! Today Baba blew bubbles in the spoon spraying it all over my face, gagged, pushed the spoon away, and made the most disgusted look you've ever seen. I guess we will be trying applesauce again at a later date... a much later date.
Well, it's back to veggies...I never would have thought a baby would prefer avocados mashed in water over applesauce. Humm what to try next???
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment