We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. It's been more like Thanksgiving week though!! This was Robb and Kim's year to do Thanksgiving with our family and Uncle Brother was in town from Cabo San Lucas so we had a full house. George, Sybil, and the kids came from Birmingham Wednesday night and Will stayed at Mom and Dad's to play with his cousins from Thursday to Sunday. Zack's side of the family spent the Thanksgiving holiday at Rosemary beach. We missed them a lot, but know they had a great time relaxing in Florida!!
Wednesday night the Birmingham Newton clan came to town with Sybil's mother and we enjoyed a nice dinner of lasagna at Mom and Dad's. Plus Zack and Dad practiced on Zack's new turkey fryer and fried a turkey and a chicken...Lucas loved the chicken.
Thursday was filled with food and fun!! Boy did we have a great spread...I didn't do much to contribute...but I sure did a good job eating it. I made an artichoke dip and brought rolls. Zack fried a delicious turkey. We had dressing, mac and cheese, green beans, spinach and artichoke casserole , wild rice casserole, Asian salad, roasted turkey, fried turkey, ham, turnips, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole. And that's not including dessert- pumpkin roulade, apple and cherry turnovers, key lime pie, sweet potato pie, chocolate covered strawberries, and blueberry pie. Needless to say we were all completely stuffed Thursday night.

Friday started off spectacularly. When I woke up Friday morning Zack had the Christmas tree up with the lights on and all of the Christmas decorations down from the attic. We spent the morning drinking hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music, and decorating the house. Thanks Zack for being the BEST HUSBAND EVER!!! We then watched about 3 hours of our childbirth class DVD and learned all about labor and delivery. Later that afternoon we went to Mom and Dad's where George and Zack made the best hot wings I have ever tasted in my life!! Mom and Sybil made beef short ribs and rice for supper-yummy. That night I started having contractions- some were really painful- so Zack and I hurried home to pack our bag for the hospital. The contractions continued throughout the night, but were never regular. The doctor told us at our last visit to call when they were 5 minutes apart for over an hour- and they never were- so no false trips to the hospital this time.
Saturday Zack decided not to go with the rest of the guys to the AU-AL game for fear that I might go into labor. I spent the day cleaning around the house, washing clothes, and getting Baby Barker's things in order. I guess now its just a waiting game. My due date is December 6th- so one week to go...we will see!! We can't wait for him to get here. And I can't wait for his Daddy to decide on his name!!
3 comments:
So happy for you! You look great - can't wait to meet Baby B :)
Yea! I'm so happy to have found your blog! Congrats on James. I saw the picture on facebook and he is beautiful!!! Miss you!!!!
YAY for the great posts! I am anxiously awaiting updates/pics on BB, but these early days with a newborn are a complete fog! I am praying all is well and will check this lovely blog often! Miss you!
Post a Comment