Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meet Baby Barker (BB) and our crazy week...

Zack and I set up this blog months ago, but never could find the time to actually tackle starting the 1st post. Hopefully now that we've made the huge step of actually typing our 1st entry it will be easier. So....here goes...

We are now almost 32 weeks pregnant...and are so excited (and equally as scared) that BB will be here in less than 2 months. We feel like we met him last Wednesday at our OB visit during our 4D ultrasound. BB was not very cooperative...he kept his arm and feet in front of his face for most of the ultrasound...but he did peek a few times. The sweet ultrasound technician offered to schedule a re-do, but due to some unforeseen events, we weren't able to to do that. So meet our precious little boy:






During our visit Wednesday, the doctor noticed that I had an irregular heart beat, which he said is not uncommon during pregnancy...and should go away after BB comes. But, to be safe, he scheduled an appointment with a cardiologist Monday...so we will keep you updated.

We met with Zack's Mom and Mitch Wednesday night to show them what we had done in the nursery and went out to dinner. That night Zack woke up about 3am in terrible pain and thought he might have food poisoning. At about 4am he decided to go to the ER. Well... after a variety of tests (EKG's, X-Rays, blood and urine tests, and a CT Scan) Zack was diagnosed with appendicitis and was scheduled for emergency surgery. Thankfully, the surgeon was able to perform the surgery laparoscopically, so Zack has had a speedy recovery. After an emergency appendectomy, a night in the hospital, and a day of rest- he is already running again (he said he only went about 4-5 miles this morning...) . I am so thankful he is doing well and feeling better, but it has made my job as nurse much more difficult!! Thanks to everyone who came to visit him/calm me during the hospital stay, and thanks for all of the prayers!!!

Well...I guess we have accomplished writing our 1st post. We will keep you posted about our doctors visits next week (mine with the Cardiologist and Zack's follow-up with the surgeon). Oh, and I am SO EXCITED about the baby shower our sweet friends are throwing for us next Sunday. I will be sure to take lots of pictures to share. I guess that's it...until later...

3 comments:

jane said...

what a darling boy- he looks so precious! can't wait to meet him... as i know y'all are too!
welcome to the blogosphere...

jane said...

my sentence about meeting you babe made no sense-- please excuse my tired preggie brian!

Catie Murphy said...

Sarah and Zach I love your blog! Blogging is wonderful and I can't wait to see more and more posts from you all! I will pray heartily for all of your medical situations! Thinking of you...