Sunday, January 10, 2010

12 months

Happy Birthday to my precious, precious son! James, you have been such an amazing joy the past 12 months. You have enriched our lives and changed who we are forever. When James was born Dr. Phillips reminded us of the verse Psalm 127:3. I included this verse on James's birth announcement. As I reflect on the past 12 months I am overcome by how true this verse is. What grace our Father has to reward us, people who deserve no rewards, with such a wonderful blessing. To be this precious child's mother- thank you Lord for allowing Sweet Baby James to be in our lives, a blessing that I do not deserve, but one that I am overwhelmingly thankful for.


On to the 12 month update. James has such a precious personality. He is very curious and likes to take everything apart and put it back together. I think he is going to be just like his Daddy!! He is also so fast at figuring out how something works. You only have to show him once that a particular button makes his toy or book light up or play music and he's got it!

Words (these are really 12-13 months)
Mama
Dada
Daddy
Zack
Dado
Shoe
Cheese
Thank you
Tickle
Night-Night
Bath
Bye
Ball
MiMi
No-No
Uh-oh
Hey
Light
Side
He can also say Woof and Moo. He has done a Meow as well, but this one hasn't "stuck" yet.

Favorite activities:
Strolling with Lillie
Running in his walker
Kissing pictures of babies
Kissing himself in the mirror
Putting his blocks in his drum
Trying to play with Henry's dog bowl then shake his head no
Biting his bath toys
Playing with the Ball machine
Turning on and off the lights
Pulling up and taking anything he can of the table next to Daddy's chair
Playing with the phone and the remote
Snuggling with his blanket and sucking his thumb
Turning book pages
Putting anything and everything in his mouth
Playing with Shoes and putting his toys in Daddy's boots

I will save pictures from his "official" birthday party for a later post. He had a big celebration with all his family- including Grandpa all the way from New Hampshire- but that post is for later. His birthday fell on a Wednesday -but you still gotta try a little cake on your first birthday. Zack and I gave James his V-Tech train and some little cars and gave him his first try at a little birthday cake. Then K-Mama and Dado surprised us by stopping by to give James a Red Flyer Rocket from Papa and new super soft blanket from K-Mama and Dado. Please excuse my appearance in these photos- I had just come home from a very long and stressful state survey at one of my nursing homes. So excuse me and focus on Sweet Baby James!!






NEW POST BELOW AS WELL!! Christmas, Birthday Party, and Baptism to come!

No comments: