Monday, October 12, 2009

10 months


My baby is 10 months old!!!

What he's doing these days:

1) pointing

James is loving to point as of the past few days. He especially loves to point at fans and lights. He has also started chattering all the time- especially when pointing to said light fixtures. It sounds like he is saying "see that, see that, see that?"

2) clinging

All of the sudden my son who would go to anyone at anytime, has started to cling to me if someone wants to hold him. He also is starting to cry (aka pitch a royal fit) if I leave the room. On the same note- he loves his babysitter Lilly aka "Putt Putt (what she wants him to call her). He will, at times, cling to her if I want to take him :( But I am thankful that she loves him and he loves her- it is a huge blessing on the days I go to work to know he is happy!

3) bye-bye ing

Bye Bye is his favorite word. He says it anytime we leave in the car or go strolling. Did I mention when he went for his 9 month check up he greeted Dr. Wood with a big bye-bye? She informed him he didn't get away that easy. He is also associating cars with by-bye. Whe we read a book with a picture of a car he points and says "bye-bye".

Other words: Tickle, Mama, Dada, Ball, Dado, Hey Dare (says this when Zack comes home), Hello (says this as he holds his arm up to his ear like a telephone)

4) Reading

He is really loving lift and look books- especially his Peek-a-boo books. He also has a book "My first words" and he loves the pictures of the boy and girl, cat, dog, teddy bear, and car. He is starting to sit still for longer so it makes reading time a lot more fun.

5) No-ing

With crawling comes lots of "No No". After Remote controls and telephones, James is intrigued by cords and outlets. Now when he crawls past the outlet in the kitchen he shakes his head no as if to remind himself. Too funny!

6) Biting

Umm- a couple of days ago he started to enjoy biting- not good. Every time I try to brush his teeth (I usually use a washcloth as it seems (or used to seem) to work better than a tooth brush) he bites down with all his might. You also better watch your toes and legs if he is crawling.

7) Being the sweetest most precious baby- we love him so much!


No comments: